Wednesday, May 23, 2012

first few days and medical check



getting photos taken for medical records and stuff

coming home from the hospital found this random "thing" at the Taipei Main Station haha!

Our apartment 

getting tested for tb they didn't bother to cover my junk when getting x-rayed. I'm not sure how I feel about this...I sure hope I'm not sterile now hahaha.

The view from our apartment it looks like we live in a shanty town!

First day in Taiwan raining like crazy (not sure why I'm posing like this?)
So we arrived in Taiwan a few days ago and have been working on adjusting to life out here. It hasn't been all that difficult so far the hardest adjustment has been the humidity I've found myself taking three showers a day. Hopefully I'll climatize soon and won't feel instantly "sticky" the minute I step out the door. Anyway we met with our Recruiting director Christine monday morning to sign our contracts and get our medical check at the local hospital...which was an interesting experience in and of itself. Hospitals here are way different than they are in the states not really ghetto...but kinda ghetto hahaha! Anyway while waiting for our physical check ups there was a large group of elderly women chilling in the hallway with me watching chinese soap operas. I was told this is becoming an issue in Taiwan, apparently there has been a steady increase in elderly people hanging out in the hospitals not for check ups, but they are meeting to hang out in an air conditioned building to hang out and watch T.V. so you can come to the hospital around the same time each day and have a pretty good chance of seeing the same old people every time! Haven't actually started working yet but I'll be sure to keep you posted on that as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment