Saturday, May 26, 2012

gym time

Sorry for such a blurry photo iphones not the fastest camera in the world

My new home for the time being

When I left the states I wasn't too confident that I would be able to find a good place to lift and practice. But Luckily as Joe and I were skating around the local University campus by our apartment we found the University gym it's kinda ghetto, wait scratch that it's really ghetto! But hey you work with what you got. Luckily for me they have some pretty thick mats for practicing martial arts as well so a great place to trick and it's free..for students at least, but I hear they don't even bother to check so I should be good. I was a little worried I wouldn't have anywhere to train and was going to get really rusty while I'm out here but I got lucky and this will definitely get the job done. There is actually a World Gym (which I'm pretty sure thats what Golds Gym used to be called before they swapped names) by the school I teach at, but it's monthly fee is freaking ridiculous! it was like $700 U.S. for a year membership. No wonder everyone in Taiwan is skinny no one can afford a gym membership they rape you out here! Obviously I'm not going back there such a rip off! So I'm going to have to settle for this ghetto University gym so it's back to basics and fundamental lifts which might not be so bad. I'll have to force myself to do all the lifts I hate the most but that are probably the best for you anyway. Hopefully I can find better facilities later in the future but for now I'm happy with at least this.

No comments:

Post a Comment